Thursday, May 31, 2012

Etsy and the Singing Angel Tree

Singing Angel Tree Giclee Print

I will admit I don't know what "Etsy" is. I assume it's some sort of shopping site, as I have read blogs where it's mentioned having purchased items there. I may be wrong; it could be something else.
 
When the above image appeared in the ads section on my Facebook page, I clicked on the link and found the following information. I found it interesting and have copied portions of the information below and I hope you'll tell me what you think.
 
                                           * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Come sleep in the warm embrace of angels' voices.

The singing angel tree sits high on a lush green hill, a voice calling out to the weary traveler , the sanctuary one finally finds when all seems lost. Its angelic chords provide comfort, answers, blessings and new found direction. If you look closely you will see how the branches form the patterns of beautiful wings.

We are offering museum grade giclee prints created from this amazing metaphysical painting by Julia Watkins. These are a archival prints that will hold their color for over 100 years. Size 12" x 12" matted to a standard 16 x 20 size.

From The Artist
"This painting came to me from a vision where a beautiful tree called to me with the voices of angels. I was one of many who came to sleep beneath its branches/wings and be filled with warm soothing angelic energy. It comforted me when I was most troubled, told me I had a divine purpose, healed my soul and sent me back out into the world with new found confidence and clarity. I believe we may all have this experience in our dreams, when we hit a low point, but just don't remember when we wake up."

How To Use It
Focus on this image, especially before bed, noting each individual piece and also the image as a whole. If you close your eyes and see little traces of golden light, the image and energy has made its impression. Try to see it in your mind right before you go to sleep and as you fade off let yourself descend into its warm embrace. Some say they dream of energy patterns while others say they actually hear angel's voices in their sleep. Those advanced in meditation can do this while awake.

The Enchanted Forest
The singing angel tree is found within the enchanted forest, a common theme in the new work of energy artist Julia Watkins. The enchanted forest is a place we visit in our dreams and legends, a real world created from our collective subconscious where mysteries are unraveled and blessings are received. It is born of our hopes and desires, a physical manifestation of that deep well of creativity from which each of us may draw in limitless abundance. It is the form in which often that magical pool of metaphysical energy chooses to reveal itself to us. Let your mind float out into the forest and discover the truths that once eluded you.
                                    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The print is interesting, colorful for sure. Beyond that, the promise of finding "truths that once eluded you," .....well, that is an intriguing thought. It appears to be a part of the Creative visualization practice of positive thinking, which I'm a great fan of. This technique is frequently used by athletes and many in the creative world to enhance their performance or achieve goals.
 
On the subject of creative visualization, many celebrities endorse its use and claim it has had a significant role in their success. Such stars include Oprah Winfrey, Tiger Woods, Arnold Schwarzenegger and others who contribute their success to creative visualization. One example is actor Jim Carrey, who wrote a check to himself in 1987 in the sum of 10 million dollars. He dated it 'Thanksgiving 1995' and added the notation, “for acting services rendered.” He visualized it for years and in 1994 he received $20M for his role in the movie, "The Mask."
 
But back to the painting, and the hope of drawing "limitless abundance." I don't think one would necessarily need this particular painting to practice creative visualization, although it would be one avenue for achieving the desired state. Forming a mental image might work just as well.
 
I think we all have short attention spans, whether it be in the realm of creative visualization, exercise, diets or any number of other self-improvement endeavours. But I sure like the thought of improving oneself and maybe I'll get that print and focus on being more creative, having more energy and a few other ways I'd like to personally improve.
 
What do you think about the creative visualization practice? Have you ever tried it? Would you be tempted to buy the painting?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Never tried Creative Visualization, but find it an interesting concept. Wonder if it isn't just being used to sell an unimpressive (to me) painting. (Guess I just answered the part about whether of not I would but it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder too, Beryl. One certainly doesn't need to buy this painting to try creative visualization!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...